Last weekend, I was craving sorbet. It was warm, sunny, and it just felt like summer. We didn’t have any ice cream, and I wanted something cold to eat.
So I decided to search through Pinterest, looking for a recipe to make. I saw a recipe for mixed-berry sorbet, here, and decided I wanted to make it.
So I changed the recipe a little bit. I put in less sugar, more lemon juice, and only strawberries instead of mixed berries. And the result? AMAZING. It satisfied my summer dessert craving, for sure.
The best part (or one of them) is that you don’t need an ice cream maker. That makes it even easier, and so there’s no excuse not to make it ;).
- 2 cups strawberries (you can use frozen or fresh, but I used frozen)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- juice of 1 lemon
- pinch of salt
- Mix lemon juice, water, sugar, and salt in a blender/food processor.
- Add in the strawberries.
- Blend until well-mixed.
- Freeze, if needed, or eat right away (only works with frozen strawberries.)
- You can use whatever berries you feel like.
- You can put in less lemon juice, too, so it’s less lemon-y.
- On that note, you can add in more sugar if you want it sweeter.
What’s your favorite summer dessert? Do you like sorbet? If you make this recipe, tell us how you like it! 🙂