A few days ago, I felt the sudden urge to make cookies. Sugar cookies. I just wanted to bake something. Why not sugar cookies? I was craving the kind of sugar cookies you can get a grocery stores and bakeries- the thick, cakey, fluffy sugar cookies with frosting on top. Sure enough, I found this amazing sugar cookie recipe from a baking blog. As much as I love baking, I am an exceptionally bad baker. Somehow, I didn’t mess these up. A miracle? Or a really, REALLY good recipe?
total time: 30 minutesINGREDIENTS
- 3 cups cake flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- sprinkles (optional)Frosting
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- food coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Gradually stir in other ingredients.
- Put your electric mixer on the highest setting once all ingredients have been combined. Blend for 2-4 minutes until dough is fluffy and airy.
- Roll tablespoons of dough into a ball. Make sure to keep the shape round when you put the dough on the sheet. Place approx. an inch and a half apart.
- Bake in preheated oven 10-12 minutes.
- Frosting (optional): using an electric mixer, combine butter and confectioners sugar gradually. When all sugar is added, pour in milk and vanilla and blend on medium until fluffy. Add in food color if desired. Note: I didn’t use frosting on my cookies and it turned out great.
This is honestly the best sugar cookie recipe I have ever stumbled upon. You have to try it! I know you’re preheating you’re oven right now, right? 😉
P.S. If you DO try the recipe, tell us what you think below!